welcome to our life

THE OBJECTIVE: add something new about our life weekly.... REALITY CHECK: life gest busy and the objective is a major overshot. However, we want our friends and family to be up to date on major events and happenings in our lives as well as the small, silly things we tend to get ourselves into :)

Monday, August 1, 2011

New furniture...

So our furniture is still for sale and has not sold yet but I have already found the perfect replacement! I love this Danielle Sofa from Ashley furniture...



Top 10 reasons why this couch is perfection (In no particular order):



1. It's purple



2. It's more compact than our last couch



3. I have been leaning toward a modern yet vintage style recently and I think this couch accomplishes that with the sleek lines and awesome fabric



4. It has a pretty fabulous price tag!



5. It has cute throw pillows which means less money on accessories to start with



6. It comes with a warranty that offers replacement and/or repair for pretty much anything for up to 5 years



7. It is a great fit for the cute set of accent chairs I have been eyeing at target.com for a while




8. We will finally have some color in our very cream apartment



9. Did I mention it's purple?



10. Wes likes it too!



Now, I don't pretend to be the most trendy person on the planet so I would appreciate your feedback on the colors. I have thought about going with a Khaki color for the accent chairs to throw some neutral tones in... comments!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love love love it!!! I think it's not too purple for it to be feminine, the accent pillows are a great jumping off point for colors to bring into the room to make it more interesting as well. As far as an accent color goes besides the khaki (since your room is cream, apparently, you don't want it to be too monochromatic), I'd look at pulling any other color that's in that accent pillow out as well...depending on how much drama you want in the room, play with different shades of yellow (muted, not bright, school bus colored, obviously). Yellow and purple are complimentary colors (across from each other on the color wheel), so they contrast really well. I'd also look into maybe a muted kind of blue? If you want to stay in the same color family but just add more color into the neutralness of your room! - Emma Carpenter

    ReplyDelete