welcome to our life

THE OBJECTIVE: add something new about our life weekly.... REALITY CHECK: life gest busy and the objective is a major overshot. However, we want our friends and family to be up to date on major events and happenings in our lives as well as the small, silly things we tend to get ourselves into :)

Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh so close and far away...

Our wedding day is getting so close and I feel like the days could not be going by any slower! Honestly, it has almost seemed out of reach until this past weekend...



Little side note... Wes and I drove to Luverne last Friday night in the terrible weather. Obviously coming from Birmingham we had to pass through Autauga County which got hit the hardest. Thankfully my sweet Dad is a whiz when it comes to the weather. He talked us through the entire night calling and telling us to stop for 15 minutes in Clanton, calling again to tell us to leave immediately, then calling us to see if we were in Montgomery and had made it through the line of storm cells that were passing through Pratville! If it weren't for the damage shown on t.v. later that night we would not have believed a storm even passed through. We never saw more than rain! My Dad literally talked us through the 5 minute window of time where it was safe to drive through Pratville. Once we were in Montgomery it was smooth sailing from there. How blessed I am to have a Dad to sit in front of the t.v. all night just so my fiance and I can safely make it home to him :)



The rest of the weekend was go go go! We got to be late Friday night after fighting through the storms. Saturday morning I woke up early to get my make-up done for my Bridal portraits that afternoon and Wes was off to the lake for a relaxing day with my brother, his wife, and some of their friends. Before I could get the portraits done Mom and I went to a seasonal shower at 10am that was thrown by some wonderful friends in Luverne. Wes and I got so many great things and it was so fun to sit down and open all of them with sweet people that I do not get to see very often. Love... Directly after the shower, we loaded up, went by the house to change, then off to Trendsetter to get my hair done. While having my hair played with (which I looooove) Mom, my Aunt, and my Grandmother ran some errands down town and unloaded the car. Then they came by to pick me up for a little surprise!



We got to the house and my sweet Daddy was sitting outside on the carport with my parents dog, Charlie. He had a small gift wrapped box sitting next to him. When I got out of the car I walked up and he handed it to me. I opened it and inside were the most beautiful pair of dangling, diamond earrings I have ever seen. He told me they were for my wedding day if I did not have anything else in mind to wear and if I liked them... HOW COULD I NOT LIKE THEM?!?!?! And I will just say, the design matches my dress perfectly. At that point he had not seen my dress up close either. I am so blessed to have such special men in my life... I love my Daddy!



After my sweet surprise we were on the road to Elba for the portraits which I think are going to turn out beautiful!



Sunday morning rolled around and it was time for Church. Our friends Amanda and Steve now live in Troy so they came to visit my home Church South Luverne. It was homecoming and my brother and his wife and my mom and dad were there. So fun to see everyone all at once. The sermon was wonderful. One of the most inspiring and convicting portrayals of the Cross I have ever heard. After Church we had a yummy lunch and then marriage counseling with my Pastor, Mike Green. Such a special man with a heart for the Lord like none I have ever seen! He definitely has an anointing and gift for sharing the truths of God in a way that everyone can understand. I am so glad he is performing our ceremony. His family is like my second family and I love them so much.



All of this to say, I feel the big day getting so close and wrapping up some loose ends this weekend made it feel closer and more exciting than it has through this entire process. Sometimes we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of "getting things done" that we forget to enjoy the ride along the way. That is what Wes and I have decided these final days before our wedding are going to be. Enjoying our time as an engaged couple and anxiously anticipating the arrival of a beautiful day ordained by Christ!





12 days of bliss...

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy these last few days. I am praying for a smooth special day for you! We are so excited to see you on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! So excited to see your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There goes my eye makeup!!!! Our family is so blessed to get to be connected to your family!!! We're counting the days with you (and enjoying them!)

    ReplyDelete